The Graduate Council is the principal advisory body of the Graduate School and participates in the development of rules, policies, and standards pertaining to graduate programs, graduate associates, and graduate fellowships. Faculty from the range of graduate programs make up its membership.
- to serve as an advisory group to the vice provost of graduate studies and dean of the Graduate School
- to participate in the development of rules, policies, and standards pertaining to graduate education and graduate programs and to act upon any question affecting those policies
- to participate in the establishment of rules, policies, and standards governing graduate associates and graduate fellowships, including overseeing eligibility and allocation procedures for Graduate School fellowships
- to review proposals for new or revised graduate degree programs, graduate minors, graduate interdisciplinary specializations, and other curricular matters
- to submit to the Council on Academic Affairs recommendations about adopting or abolishing academic degrees administered by the Graduate School
- to provide oversight for interdisciplinary graduate programs
- to make recommendations about establishing, affiliating, and abolishing academic centers and other comparable organizations that are engaged in research or graduate education and make recommendations for determining the membership and authorities of their boards or governing bodies
- to approve, modify, or reverse actions taken by its standing or ad hoc committees
- Monday, December 12 - 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 14 - 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 18 - 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 25 - 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 29 - 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 20 - 3:30-5:00 p.m.