Overview for new graduate students
We're glad that you've enrolled in a graduate degree program at Ohio State. Pursuing a graduate degree is an exciting and important endeavor, and there are many moving parts during your first weeks on campus and in Columbus. We want to help.
Role of the Graduate School
While you are at Ohio State, you will interact with the Graduate School on a regular basis, particularly around milestones like candidacy examinations and theses and dissertations. The Graduate School looks out for the welfare of all graduate students and maintains the integrity of Ohio State’s graduate degrees. You will want to familiarize yourself with the policies and rules in the Graduate School Handbook, which is the foundation for all program-level policies and practices.
To get a good start
- Attend the Graduate School Welcome and Resource Fair, Monday, August 19, 2013
- Take care of all the items on the new student To-Do List
- Visit any necessary Ohio State services and resources
- Take advantage of Welcome Week events
- Attend departmental orientations
- Contact Graduate School staff if you have questions or need assistance
Key guides for new graduate students
"How do I?" Answers to new graduate students' most common questions
Forms most used by new graduate students
Ohio State offices supporting academics and career development; campus life, financial aid, registration, human resources and payroll, health and wellness, student organizations and support, information about Columbus
For more information, contact the Graduate School at (614) 292-6031.